Responsive Program Residency 2008 & 2012
Sue Healey is a Sydney-based choreographer, educator, filmmaker and installation artist. She received the prestigious Creative Fellowship in 2013-14 from the Australia Council for Arts, and was recently made an Honorary Fellow of the Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne. Experimenting with form and perception, Healey creates dance for diverse spaces: theatres, galleries and the camera. Her award-winning films have been screened in over 30 countries in major international film festivals and have been broadcast by Australian and European television networks. Her new series On View is currently being presented around Australia:
- On View: Quintet toured to Dance Massive Festival in Melbourne, March 2015
- On View: Benjamin Hancock as part of the Gertrude St Projection Festival, Melbourne.
- The major performance installation On View: Live Portraits was presented by the Performance Space at Carriageworks, Sydney in July 2015, in conjunction with the installation On View: Icons – Dame Lucette Aldous and Professor Shirley McKechnie.
- On View installations touring to Toowoomba Regional Gallery, Port Macquarie Glasshouse Gallery, Centre for Contemporary Arts – Cairns, Brenda May Gallery – Sydney.
- Creating En Route – a commissioned work for a major public art project. With dancers Eileen Kramer, Elizabeth Cameran Dalman, Don Asker, Patrick Harding Irmer, Anca Frankenhauser, James Batchelor, Ghenoa Gela, Lisa & Poppy Griffiths, Raghav Handa, Kei Ikeda, Jacob Edmonds, Nalina & Leila Wait and children.
- Development on On View: Hong Kong, with 10 iconic artists from Hong Kong, produced by West Kowloon Cultural District Authority. This is a version of On View: Live Portraits created in 2015 with Martin del Amo, Shona Erskine, Benjamin Hancock,Raghav Handa and Nalina Wait. The installation will be presented in Hong Kong in 2017 and performance in 2018.
- Teaching workshops in Taiwan and Singapore.
- Teaching workshops for NSW secondary schools as Fine Line is studied in the core HSC Curriculum.
– En Route shoot, 2016
– Nalina Wait and Benjamin Hancock – On View 2015
– On View: Live Portraits (photo Gregory Lorenzutti) 2015