Performance Space and Critical Path are seeking proposals from artists or artist collaborations, for a 3-week residency taking place from 23 May – 9 June 2017.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking to support a period of creative development for an artist or collaboration that:
- Explores experimental or interdisciplinary approaches to choreography and movement practice.
- Pursues an interest in the role of the body in choreography – its presence and/or absence, and its role in the choreographic process.
We are particularly interested in foregrounding a diversity of artistic voices: artists exploring diverse positions on gender and sexuality; Indigenous artists; artists from culturally- diverse backgrounds; artists who critically engage with new technologies; and differently-abled artists.
DEADLINE: 5pm, Friday 17 February 2017
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 3 March.
VENUE: The Drill Hall, 1C New Beach Road, Darling Point (Rushcutter’s Bay)
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The successful project will receive:
• Up to $5,000 in artist fees.
• 3 weeks of space at Critical Path, Drill Hall. • Production and technical support.
• Producing support from Performance Space. • Creative advice and feedback from Performance Space and Critical Path.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this opportunity please submit as a PDF or Word document:
• A written proposal outlining your proposed project (up to 500 words).
• A current CV or biography for all participating artists.
• Support material showcasing the recent work of lead artists (up to 10 minutes, video links preferred).
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: Tulleah@performancespace.com.au
Image credits: Justin Shoulder CP/PSpace residency 2016 with mentor Victoria Hunt. Photo credit Heidrun Lohr
Performance Space is supported by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body and the New South Wales Government through Arts NSW
Date & Location
Tuesday 23 May 2017, 12am - Friday 9 June 2017, 12am