MIRRAMU, BUNGENDORE NSW
Mirramu and Critical Path are seeking proposals from a First Nations Australian artist or artist collaboration, for a residency program taking place from 4 – 22 September 2017.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
A First Nations Australian NSW connected (by location or peoples) emerging or mid-career artist for a two-week Mirramu residency (11 – 22 September) to explore their own practice in relation to land and body, as they define it, and to connect with local groups including the First Nations Australia community.
This residency has funding for a single artist at its core but within the allocated budget could and ideally should draw in others for sharing, reflection and exchange. In addition the selected artist will take part in a shared development session at Critical Path, 4 – 8 September, supported by a producer from Performing Lines.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
The successful artist will receive:
- 4 -5 days, shared lab space at the Drill Hall, as part of a joint program for Indigenous artists.
- 2 weeks of space at Mirramu, Bungendore, NSW.
- A fee for the two week residency at Mirramu & for the shared days at the Drill Hall, Darling Point, NSW.
- Producing support from Performing Lines.
- Creative feedback from Mirramu Director Elizabeth Cameron Dalman and Critical Path.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this opportunity please submit as a PDF or Word document:
- A written proposal outlining your proposed project (up to 500 words).
- A current CV or biography for all participating artists.
- Support material showcasing the recent work of lead artists (up to 10 minutes, video links preferred).
- If you would like to discuss your application, please contact Critical Path email: email@example.com or tel: 02 9362 4023
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 29 May 2017 at 10 am
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 12 June.
Date & Location
Sunday 28 May 2017