PARALLEL RESIDENCY alongside I-Chin Lin (Taiwan)
CALL OUT: APPLY FOR 2017 CHOREOGRAPHIC RESIDENCY @ MIRRAMU, Bungendore , NSW.
Mirramu and Critical Path are seeking proposals from a NSW artist for a residency program taking place from 13— 24 November 2017. This residency will take place parallel to that of Taiwanese artist I-Chin Lin. With acute and keen observation as the foundation of her work, I-Chin has demonstrated an exquisite and fluent style that conveys poetic beauty and tension. Lately, she has become interested in how an individual is nurtured by the surrounding environment as well as how dancing is created through bodily movements. Most recently she has adopted a methodology of field research.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
The successful artist will receive:
- 2 weeks of shared space, with accommodation, at Mirramu.
- A fee for the two week residency $2100
- The opportunity for dialogue with I-Chin Lin and with local practitioners and community
- Creative feedback from Mirramu Director Elizabeth Cameron Dalman and Critical Path.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit as a PDF or Word document – A written proposal outlining your proposed project (up to 500 words).
- A current CV or biography
- Support material showing your recent work (up to 10 minutes max, video links preferred).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are interested to hear from artists who feel that a residency at Mirramu will be of particular benefit to them and that sharing the residency period with I-Chin Lin will be of interest to them.
Monday 21 August 2017 | 10 am
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 12 Sept.
If you would like to discuss your application, please contact Critical Path
email: email@example.com | tel: 02 9362 4023
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS:
Date & Location
Monday 13 November 2017 - Friday 24 November 2017