EXPERIMENTAL CHOREOGRAPHIC RESIDENCY
Critical Path and Performance Space are excited to partner on the Experimental Choreographic Residency, a three-week residency focusing on experimental choreographic practice from the 7th to the 25th of May.
The residency is open to both artists and collectives interested in developing innovative, bold and experimental approaches to choreography. The residency will provide a project budget (up to $7000), a venue at Critical Path for three weeks, production and technical support and creative feedback from both organisations.
We are seeking to support a period of creative development for an artist or collaboration that:
• Explores experimental or interdisciplinary approaches to choreography and movement practice in innovative, rigorous and engaging ways.
• Pursues an interest in the role of time and space in choreography and in the choreographic process.
We are particularly interested in foregrounding a diversity of artistic voices: artists exploring diverse positions on gender and sexuality; Indigenous artists; artists from culturally diverse backgrounds; artists who critically engage with new technologies; and differently-abled artists.
DEADLINE: Applications close 5pm, Thursday 25 January 2018
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Monday 12 February 2018.
To apply for this opportunity please complete this form
You will need:
• A written proposal outlining your proposed project and the development process and methodologies you will employ in the residency (up to 500 words)
• A project budget showing how the allocated funds (up to $7,000) will be spent, and including any other funding sources for the project
• A current CV or biography for all participating artist (as one document)
• Support material showcasing the recent work of lead artists (up to 10 minutes, video links preferred).
If you have any questions about the residency or the application process please contact Performance Space’s Program Manager, Tulleah Pearce on 02 8571 9114 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the Performance Space and Critical Path offices will be closed from 16th December 2017 to 2nd January 2018.
Image: Atlanta Eke, The Tennis Project, artist in the Experimental Choreography Residency 2017. Image courtesy of the artist.
Date & Location
Wednesday 25 January 2017 - Thursday 25 January 2018