Position title: General Manager, Critical Path
Based at: The Drill Hall, Rushcutters Bay
Reporting to: Director
Rate of pay: $62,400 pro rata (plus superannuation)
Days per week: 4 days/week
Starting: Oct 2020
We are seeking a dedicated, creative and rigorous person to join our small team.
Who we are
Critical Path creates spaces for independent choreographic practitioners to pursue their practice without immediate recourse to production. The core of our work is artistic research and development opportunities. CP provides perspective on practice and tools for interrogation.
From our home in Sydney we work across NSW, with national partners and contexts and internationally to provide the frameworks and inputs for dancer makers and choreographers to reflect, explore, experiment and exchange. Our programs are a catalyst for ideas and process that expand and strengthen artists’ practice and the wider sector. Critical Path nurtures diversity and excellence in a supportive critical environment.
As a key member of a small team, you will help deliver excellent stakeholder and governance relationships, lead the financial management of the organisation and deliver day to day management of CP’s office and working studio space/s.
Working closely with the Director and Board to successfully achieve the organisation’s goals and strategic plans. With the Director you will develop, implement, run and acquit short and long-term planning strategies for Critical Path including program and multi-year funding applications and any other programs that will benefit the key goals of the organization.
You will take the lead on financial management, reporting to the Director (CEO); providing effective financial management (day to day and against agreed budgets), with the support of a financial consultant and CP’s Treasurer in dialogue with the Director.
Responsible for day to day management of Critical Path’s main Studio space/s (currently the Drill Hall).
You will manage the operational aspects of Critical Path including office, board and marketing. This includes line-management of any contract administration and support staff, interns & volunteers.
• Banking and financial record keeping in consultation with the Treasurer including day to day processing, preparing and writing financial reports for the Board, administering the annual financial audit and preparing the annual budget.*
• Research funding opportunities and work with the Director in drafting funding applications and acquittals, and associated budgets.
• Coordinate the governance of the organisation including attending Committee meetings, taking and distributing minutes and meeting government requirements.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining office systems. Respond to and handle all enquiries relating to the core business and manage general office administration duties.
• Co-ordinate the delivery of the Critical Path e-news and other marketing outputs.
• Co-ordinate and maintain the Critical Path database.
• Provide administrative support including liaising drafting selected contracts, carrying out inductions, and facilitating smooth project completion and evaluation
• Undertake day to day management of Critical Path’s main Studio space/s (Currently the Drill Hall), including co-ordination of hires, space inductions, space maintenance and general up-keep.
• Banking and financial record keeping in consultation with the Director and external Financial Consultant, including day to day processing, preparing financial reports for the Board
• Coding of payment invoices in MYOB
• Raising sales invoices as required
• Preparing and processing fortnightly payment runs
• Support Director in preparing annual budget
• Ensure end of year financial reporting delivered on time and accurately, with correct supervision
• Support Director in key stakeholder reporting
• Deliver the financial and related statistical elements for reporting to funders
• Preparing bank and account reconciliations
• Project set up and maintenance in MYOB in conjunction with project managers
• Managing and administering the annual financial audit relationship and related materials
• Ad hoc reporting as required
What we are looking for
You should have at least 3 years experience of relevant project, office, financial or other related management and delivery. Proactive, you will be confident to take forward work against agreed objectives and make appropriate decisions. Whilst self-motivated, you should be able to work as a part of a team in a cooperative and creative environment.
Financial processing and reporting knowledge and experience (we use MYOB). Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability and interest to work with stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and from different contexts. Excellent attention to detail and flexibility; ability to multi-task, problem solve, and work within a high pressure, live environment. You have strong IT skills. You should have a genuine interest in the performing arts and artistic research.
Why join our team
Critical Path has a very small team (Director, General Manager, Administrator and Producer) and therefore each team member understands, supports and on occasion covers the role of the other. This offers a dynamic opportunity for growth and experience within a lead organisation in the Australian arts sector. The support and strong relationships offered by the team is a key attraction to working with CP.
The position offers excellent on-the-job professional development to the right candidate.
The role holder works across all aspects of financial and organizational management and delivery, and communicates with a range of people – artists, industry, media and funding stakeholders. This diverse hands-on experience offers an engaging working environment.
It is an important role that supports the strategic aims and future development of the company.
To apply please email an EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (outlining your suitability for the role and your reasons for applying) with your CV and TWO REFEREES to CP’s Director Claire Hicks: email@example.com by 10AM AEST, 1 October 2020. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERVIEWS will be held on Thursday 8 October