05 November – 03 December 2018 at The Space Dance & Arts Centre in Prahran Melbourne.
In partnerships with The Space Dance & Arts Centre and Critical Path
International performing and visual artists as well as choreographers are invited to submit a proposal for a residency which may include developing a new work (Dance, Theatre, Photography, Film); or investigating some aspects or ideas in their already existing practice, or undertaking a choreographic, performance or installation research.
Melbourne on the 29th of November at Theatre Works
Sydney on the 1st of December at Critical Path – The Drill
We accept up to 4 International artists and up to 5 local artists from Melbourne to collaborate, research and develop the subject matter of: Cultural Diversity and Cross Cultural Communication with non-linguistic medium. The incentive is for all resident artists to collaborate and create a collective group to co-create together. There will also be an option to create smaller collective groups depending on the collaborations that will be formed.
The Residency offers:
Accommodation for international artists:
- A comfortable queen size double bedroom.
- The residency can accept up to four artists at a time. Two artists in a shared room and couples can also be accepted upon arrangement.
- Full equipped kitchen for preparing food
- Bathroom & Toilet shared in the house.
- One studio at Dance Space Prahran (each group of artists will have 3-4 hours rehearsals per day)
- Mentoring and artistic Guidance by Vangelis Legakis and Gulsen Ozer.
- Performance/presentation of the artists’ work (Arranged case by case that can be coordinated with the mentors).
- Travel expenses from Melbourne to Sydney will be covered either by bus, train or flight.
- Guidance for what to do in Melbourne in terms of art and cultural activities and finding materials for your production.
- Free workshop Embodied Unity by Vangelis Legakis 17&18 and 24&25 November 2018 (worth of 190 AUD)
- Research with Vangelis Legakis (worth of 400 AUD)
- 12th & 16th Nov : 1pm – 3pm
- 19th & 23rd Nov : 1pm – 3pm
- 30% discount for the Dance and Being Art project 9-11 November daily 9:30am-5:30pm at Abbotsford Convent (save 130 AUD out of 455 AUD).
- 30% discount for Chi Gong open classes on 6, 13, 20, 27 November 18:30-20:30 at Abbotsford Convent (save 40 AUD out of 140 AUD).
The Resident Artists have to cover and offer:
- Their flights and transportation to and from Melbourne and to the premises of the residency
- Food and personal expenses
- Any production expenses
- Costs for International artists Total 1880 AUD Includes accommodation
- Costs for artists living in Melbourne: 800 AUD without accommodation
Application is made by sending
- Your CV and short bio
- One portrait and one performance photo
- A motivation letter explaining the following key questions in an A4 page no more than 1000 words.
- Idea and concept of research and development and whether it is a new idea or a previous project that you wish to revisit and further develop.
- What is your intention to participate in this residency and how will this assist you in the growth of your career.
- Mention whether you have a collaborator with who you wish to participate together or you have any local artists in Melbourne you wish to collaborate with.
- Mention whether you wish to present a work in progress or a finished production at the end of your residency.
- Planning of where you are at present in terms of your career and where you are envisioning to be after this residency.
- Proof of a funding application (either approved or in process), or sponsorship, or personal funds that can support the period of your residency
Email all documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org