Delving Into Dance in partnership with Critical Path invite those engaged in dance (in whatever capacity) to share thoughts as to why dance matters now.
We are currently accepting expressions of interest from Australian based artists and writers, and will select 5 pieces of text for publication. We are particularly interested in profiling different perspectives that help to inform conversations about dance while opening the practice of dance up to new audiences.
We are open to all sorts of forms which may include poetry, essay and other reflections.
– We invite expressions of interest from people new to writing,
– We encourage ideas that play with form and style,
– Submissions can have a choice of being 300 OR 700 words in length,
– We welcome ideas that build upon the podcast episodes or other previous conversations had on Delving into Dance,
– We are not looking for dance criticism,
– This is a funded opportunity.
Submissions close Friday the 8th of November 2019 and can be made here: www.delvingintodance.com/criticalpath
This project is funded with the support of the Victorian Government through Creative Victoria and the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body, as well as vital audience contributions.