CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS – Sydney
20th Biennale of Sydney & Critical Path are recruiting people aged 18+ to perform in Nicola Conibere’s ASSEMBLY as part of this year’s Biennale. ASSEMBLY will be presented in the Drill Hall, Rushcutter’s Bay, on the afternoons Fri 1st, Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd April 2016.
ASSEMBLY is a live, choreographic work devised by London-based artist Nicola Conibere for galleries, civic spaces and performance places. Exploring shifts in relation between individual and collective bodies, its configurations respond to the presence of spectators in an investigation of how other people can appear to us. Performed over three consecutive days, ASSEMBLY acknowledges each spectator’s unique presence without asking them to do more than watch.
Presented in association with Critical Path, with support from Dance4. Originally produced by Dance4. Creation supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
Who are we looking for?
- People who are interested in dance, contemporary performance and visual arts, who may or may not be arts practitioners;
- People who are enthusiastic, reliable and who have a wish to perform;
- People in the Sydney area;
- People with stamina, and possibly some movement experience and
- People who can commit to rehearsals & performances at the following days & times: March (afternoons): Sat 19, Sun 20, Sat 26 & Sun 27; March (evenings): Thu 31 and April(afternoons): Fri 1, Sat 2 & Sun 3.
If you are interested please email the team at Critical Path on email@example.com to receive an information pack, or click in the link Assembly Info Pack .
Deadline for EOI is by Wednesday 9 March.
We welcome expressions of interest from people with different abilities, however, the piece will require performers to make certain kinds of movements without assistance, such as standing, sitting, walking, rolling and sighted interaction with the audience.