Is an evocation and publication.
Via private WIKI, a diverse team of inspiring choreographically and digitally involved artists have imagined SciFi futures and subsequent physical realities for our human bodies.
More about the publication:
(The texts below will be online from November 13th 2022 until December 2026)
The following invited artists drafted their contributions directly into the http://OpenTab.wiki, iterating in front of each other, editing or adding to each others work through permission-less and playful hyperlinking.
- Linda Dement – Future Bodies
- Angela Goh – The Receiver
- Rasmus Olme – This is Now the Environment of Dance
- Merinda Davies – Future Pleasure Body
- Nasim Husain Patel – We Morph Through the Ouroboros
- Travis DeVries – To Want To Decay
- Emma Fishwick – From Here, Together
- Chang I-Wen – Digital Corporeality
- Romain Hassanin, Dr Rachael Gunn / Bgirl Raygun, M@ – The Future Arrives at All Costs
Additionally, M@ approached this question as a movement based enquiry titled Our Bodies Are Only Ours When We’re Dancing. Hoping that choreography-as-a-technology may help us take our bodies with us into the future.
Romain Hassanin, Bgirl Raygun, and M@, worked together in a studio, dancing and thinking, co-authoring a contribution to the publication titled The Future Arrives At All Costs.
This project has been supported by:
Images: Hero image designed by Iris Shen for the publication – How Will We Take Our Bodies With Us Into The Future?