APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED 10AM, MONDAY 25 JULY 2022
Applications are currently being assessed
Critical Path is offering 4 Choreographic Research Fellowships for early 2023.
Each Fellowship offers up to 26 days of space in-kind at the Drill, in Sydney and $12,000
Artists with a choreographic practice are invited to propose research projects that focus on explorations of new ideas, process or practice development without a pre-determined product outcome.
The research residencies are not available for creative development of new work, though they may allow early terrain explorations or deep digging into particular ideas and concerns. They may lay the foundation of new work.
These Fellowships fall under Critical Path’s 4 guiding ‘constellations’ –
- Digital Choreographic Research Fellowship – 3 January to 28 January 2023
- Australia-Asia Choreographic Research Fellowship – 30 January to 24 February 2023
- First Nations Choreographic Research Fellowship – 27 February to 24 March 2023
- Regional NSW Choreographic Research Fellowship – 27 March to 21 April 2023
You will be asked which of the fellowships you are applying for (you can apply for more than one if relevant, but you can only be selected for one)
These timelines are set, and the fellowship includes the offer of space at the Drill Hall during the dates outlined. You can ask to use as much or as little of the space as you would like.
Critical Path has a number of existing and developing relationships with different partners, who may be able to support the research. Please let us know in your proposal about your interest to engage with different spaces, communities and contexts.
Artists are asked as part of their project to find a way to share their research more broadly. This can be through participation, presentation, publication, or other methods suitable to their practice.
The selection panel includes artists/practitioners with a diversity of practice and experience.
The residencies are open to NSW-connected artists with a choreographic practice. As part of the application, you will be asked to indicate how you are connected to New South Wales (living or working or by Country).
Critical Path is particularly interested in supporting activities which extend the practice of choreography.
APPLICATION AND ACCESS
If you would like to be considered for the program, please follow the steps below:
- Download the application form below and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are two versions of this document – a PDF document and a Word doc version for accessibility if you are unable to read PDF documents.
This is a directly editable PDF form. You should be able to fill in the form with your PDF reader.
This is an accessible Word doc version if you are unable to read and edit PDF documents.
- Fill in all the sections in the online form. Submit your proposal in text or video or audio format. Please submit a video/audio of no more than 10 minutes with your proposal.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any access requirements.
Applications close 10am, Monday 25 July 2022. You will be notified of the outcome of your application week commencing 8 August.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING
You can find detailed guidelines for applications in these documents. There are two versions of this document – a PDF document and a Word doc version for accessibility if you are unable to read PDF documents.